Gmail has IMAP Access Now!!


I was really pleased to see that Gmail has IMAP(Internet Message Access Protocol)email access now! What this means is that I can use an email client such as Outlook or my favorite, Thunderbird, to access all my email and there will be "live" synchrinization between Gmail's Mail Server and my Thunderbird email application. This is so much better than using the POP3 Protocol. Previously I was accessing my Hotmail account using POP3 with Thunderbird. What I had to do was log on to the Hotmail Server to organize and delete any email on the Server right after downloading those same emails into Thunderbird with POP3. I did this because I wanted to have another copy of those email based offsite. With IMAP I can synchronize my email all within Thunderbird. Because of IMAP I've decided to move away from Hotmail as my main personal email account, to Gmail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microsoft Safety Scanner

The man who could have been Bill Gates