dig command for Raspberry Pi OS Linux/Windows
Adding the dig command is needed on a default install of Raspberry Pi OS(Previously Raspbian):
sudo apt-get install dnsutils
Adding dig to the Windows command line is a bit more involved:
1. Download the most recent stable version of BIND.
2. Extract the BIND package and then install BIND (As Administrator) in the following directory:
C:\Program Files\ISC BIND 9
Make sure to check the Tools Only box.
3. Once BIND is installed, open Control Panel, then open System Properties. On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
4. Under System Variables, Select Path and then click Edit.
5. Add "C:\Program Files\ISC BIND 9\bin" to the Path system variable. Click OK.
6. Click OK in the Edit Variables window and click OK in the System Properties window.
7. Copy the .dll files found in the BIND folder you extracted
and paste them to:
8. Copy the dig.exe file found in the same BIND folder you extracted
and paste it again to:
9. Execute dig from a command prompt